What is laminate flooring?
Laminate is a multi-layer synthetic HDF (High-Density Fiberboard) flooring material that has simulated wood with a photographic applique layer under a clear protective layer. Laminate flooring is easy to install and maintain compared to hardwood flooring. They are also cost effective and require less skill to install than alternative flooell or warp but waring materials.
Thickness and width
Laminate Floorings are available in different thickness and width depnd width for your flooring can be affected by site-specification of your space such as size and underneath materials used.
Laminate has two types of finishing; Matt and Gloss. Finishes depend on personal preferences and may vary based on each project.
– Matt finishes are more scratch resistance and do not show water stains. They are ideal for high traffic areas such as kitchen and hallways.
– Gloss finishes are preferred by clients who like giving more attention to the overall look of their interior.
Installation laminate flooring
– Laminate floors are reasonably easier to be installed compared to hardwood flooring.
– Laminate boards is packaged as a number of tongue and groove planks, which can be clicked into one another. Sometimes glue backing is another option of installation.
– Installed laminate floors typically float over the sub-floor on top of a foam/film underlay; that provides moisture and sound reducing to the property.
– Skirting boards can be removed and then reinstalled after lying of the flooring is complete for a neater finish and a cleaner look.
It is important to keeell or warp but wap laminate clean as dust, dirt and sand particles may scratch the surface over time in high-traffic areas.
Though some brands are equipped with water-resistant coatings it is also important to keep laminate relatively dry; since they are not water-proof therefore sitting waending on the manufacturer and supplier. Choosing the right thickness ater or moist can cause the planks to swter spills aren’t a problem if they’re wiped up quickly, and not allowed to sit for a prolonged period of time.
Adhesive felt pads are often placed on the ell or warp but wafeet of furniture on laminate floors to prevent laminate boards from scratching.
Who should select Laminate as flooring?
Since Laminate is reasonably durableell or warp but wa and relatively easy to replace or maintain they are the ideal choice for investment properties in rental real estate and water resistance for high traffic areas such as kitchens.